At Paul Campanella’s Auto & Tire Center and Paul Campanella’s Pike Creek Automotive, drivers frequently visit us this time of year to make sure their cars are ready to make their traditional holiday trips. Taking care of your automobile is an important Holiday task to remember, because travel and traffic is heavy!
Since 1986, our expert mechanics have enjoyed helping our wonderful customers travel safely to see their friends and families by providing quality and reliable maintenance and auto repair in Wilmington, DE.
Make Your Holiday Travel A Little Brighter
We thought we’d share some of the interesting facts about holiday travel that we discovered. Check out these 5 facts, and visit the friendly teams at either of our two convenient locations before hitting the road this holiday season.
1. The 3 cities in the US visited most during the holidays include: Fort Myers, FL, Cincinnati, OH, and Miami, FL.
2. The day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, with over 37% of those traveling choosing to do so on this day.
3. The famous traveling song “Over the River and Through the Wood,” was originally a Thanksgiving poem, written by writer, and teacher, Lydia Maria Child in 1844. Today, the lyrics are more commonly recited by replacing “Grandfather,” with “Grandmother” and occasionally by replacing line: “Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day” with “Hurrah for Christmas Day.”
4. This season, 90% of travelers will drive to destinations over 50 miles to celebrate, while only 7% of all travelers will opt to fly.
5. Please be careful while driving during the holiday season! The night before Thanksgiving sees the highest number of DUI and DWI arrests. More so than St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Wow your family and friends around the table this year with some of these interesting holiday travel facts. And from the Paul Campanella family to yours, we wish you all a happy holiday season!