It’s tough to tell, sometimes, what’s true and what’s not when it comes to car misconceptions. Here are some crazy car facts that are actually true.
- The Lamborghini Veneno (Italian for “venom”) sells at 4.5 million U.S. dollars, it is the most expensive car ever made. It can accelerate to 62 mph in 2.9 sec and produce a top speed of 220.5 mph.
- Car thieves are more likely to steal the 1994 Honda Accord, the 1995 Honda Civic and the 1991 Toyota Camry more than any other vehicle ever made. They are not only easy to steal, but the parts sold separately are worth more than the car itself.
- The first windshield wipers were hand-operated.
- South Africa’s carjacking rate is 18x higher than the U.S.
- Their were only 4 automobiles registered in the United States in 1895.
- The first speeding ticket wasn’t issued until 1902.
Cars are no stranger to urban legend, of course, these are simply that, Urban Legends.
- Greedy gas station proprietors sometimes water down the fuel they sell. Impossible, water and petroleum do not mix.
- Coca Cola removes corrosion. It actually does nothing. A few teaspoons of baking soda and water should clean it right up.
- Sugar in the gas tank will destroy your engine. The reality is that the sugar never really gets near the engine at all. Although you may have to clean your filter a few times.
- Beware of fliers placed in the back window. When you get out of the car to remove it, the thief jumps in and takes off. Truth is, there has not been any reports documented to support this.
- Red cars get pulled over for speeding more than any other color. There are no statistics or any other proof that red cars get targeted above all others.
For all your auto repair needs, please contact us. Our family has been delivering honest and friendly service since 1986